Recent Posts

Home >> Uncategorized >> Scholarship essays 2009

Scholarship essays 2009

Oct/Sat/2017 | Uncategorized

Nursing scholarship essays pdf 1 Кб

Scholarship essays 2009

Best Essay Writers Here -
Essay scholarships 2009

AQA UNIT 5 Biology synoptic sample essays or sample essay plans. HELP!! Watch. span Follow 0 followers 1 badge. The different ways in which organisms use ATP. How the structure of cells is related to their function. The structure and essays, functions of carbohydrates. Online! How bacteria affect human lives. Scholarship! The biological importance of essays 2009 water. The ways in scholarship which different species of organisms differ from each other. Thesis! Describe how the structures of essays different polymers are related to their. Why offspring produced by creative writing the same parents are different in appearance.

The importance of 2009 hydrogen bonds in living organisms. The movement of substances within living organisms. How the structure of scholarship proteins is related to scholarship essays 2009 their functions. Creative! The process of osmosis and its importance to essays 2009 living organisms. Energy transfers which take place inside living organisms. Inorganic ions include those of sodium, phosphorus and hydrogen. Describe how these and other inorganic ions are used in living organisms. span Follow 0 followers 1 badge. Computational Research Paper! AQA A2 Biology: Writing the Synoptic Essay by Robert Mitchell. (they have some on ebay and i bought it cos i couldn't be bothered to scholarship 2009 plan the essays myself) span Follow 0 followers 0 badges. span Follow 0 followers 0 badges. And you could try and thesis, order this book because I reckon it would help you in terms of structuirng essays and it gives 20 examples written out: AQA A2 Biology: Writing the Synoptic Essay by scholarship essays Robert Mitchell. (they have some on ebay and i bought it cos i couldn't be bothered to plan the essays myself) does it have any gems/lifesavers about order paper with, structuring the scholarship essays essay? !! span Follow 6 followers 2 badges.

oh i wish i'd read this earlier and would have bought this book! does it have any gems/lifesavers about structuring the thesis biodiversity essay? !! span Follow 0 followers 0 badges. span Follow 1 follower 0 badges. span Follow 0 followers 0 badges. Scholarship Essays! Hello I'm doing AQA bio unit 5 and having troubles with the synoptic bit! always start each paragraph with a topic sentence - this makes sense really!! Just let the examiner know right from the off what that paragraph is scholarship essays, about always link back to the question at the end of each paragraph to make sure you are staying on track if you are talking about animals then keep all the scholarship essays 2009 animal stuff together in the essay before moving on to plant stuff - basically don't jump between plants and animals in the different paragraphs be strict with your timing get the relevant information down, but don't waffle (a tip for for business ethics, the whole paper) remember to tell the story - but again no waffling!! He says that students lose marks because they don't think to include the obvious. especially for the essay, for scholarship essays 2009, example, if you are talking about computational biology paper, enzymes then don't start the story half way through, let the examiner know what an enzyme even is!! keep calm - if you're stressing then you are likely to forget everything you know because you are focusing on scholarship essays 2009, your stress. Just breathe and relax and thesis ethics, you'll be surprised at what you remember do a plan. Even if it is 2009, only a quick 5 minute plan, do one!! Even if you don't have time to finish the essay, the biodiversity examiner will be able to essays 2009 see your plan and you could get credit for it (personally I find this helps a little too when you know that something needs to be included in an essay but you don't remember much about it other than 'it was something about T cells. whatever they are') span Follow 0 followers 0 badges. span Follow 1 follower 2 badges. Biodiversity! span Follow 0 followers 0 badges. Essays! Hi!! I just came across a website that may help!! There is a lot to read on scholarship essays, there, but I found it useful!!

There are lots (20!!) sample essays!! Hopefully you get a chance to read some and look at the structure of these essays as exemplars!! always start each paragraph with a topic sentence - this makes sense really!! Just let the examiner know right from the essays off what that paragraph is about always link back to the question at the end of each paragraph to make sure you are staying on biodiversity, track if you are talking about animals then keep all the animal stuff together in the essay before moving on to plant stuff - basically don't jump between plants and animals in the different paragraphs be strict with your timing get the relevant information down, but don't waffle (a tip for the whole paper) remember to tell the story - but again no waffling!! He says that students lose marks because they don't think to include the obvious. Scholarship 2009! especially for paper, the essay, for example, if you are talking about scholarship essays 2009, enzymes then don't start the story half way through, let the examiner know what an enzyme even is!! keep calm - if you're stressing then you are likely to forget everything you know because you are focusing on paper with watermark, your stress. Just breathe and relax and you'll be surprised at what you remember do a plan. Even if it is only a quick 5 minute plan, do one!! Even if you don't have time to finish the scholarship essays essay, the examiner will be able to see your plan and scholarship essays, you could get credit for it (personally I find this helps a little too when you know that something needs to be included in scholarship an essay but you don't remember much about it other than 'it was something about T cells. whatever they are') Hi. I was hoping if you could get a new link as when I click it. Creative San Diego! it says it cannot be found. Essays 2009! We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on for business ethics, The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

0 new posts Best universities in the UK for open days 2018 Started by: Danny Dorito Forum: Applications, Clearing and UCAS Replies: 4 Last post: 2 minutes ago I'm SCARED! Will the cat flea get in my ear (it's somewhere on 2009, the pillows)? Started by: Romisa_lovesA7X Forum: Health Replies: 16 Last post: 5 minutes ago Failing first year Started by: MartyByrdeOzark Forum: Applications, Clearing and UCAS Replies: 1 Last post: 6 minutes ago Who else finds Autumn so depressing? Started by: Ambitious1999 Forum: Chat Replies: 14 Last post: 9 minutes ago Commuters flee train in Bible panic Started by: Mathemagicien Forum: News and current affairs Replies: 13 Last post: 12 minutes ago EDEXCEL A-LEVEl MAATHS PDF Textbooks Started by: eltonfernzy Forum: A-levels Replies: 1 Last post: 13 minutes ago ukcat result and online submissions creative, chocies of medical schools Started by: christineq Forum: Medicine Replies: 8 Last post: 14 minutes ago VPN : ( Started by: Anonymous Forum: Technology and computers Replies: 3 Last post: 16 minutes ago Mental Health Support Society XIX Started by: Sabertooth Forum: Mental health Replies: 243 Last post: 25 minutes ago multimedia and digital media Started by: pleple Forum: Computer Science and ICT Replies: 0 Last post: 36 minutes ago King's College London. Copyright The Student Room 2017 all rights reserved.

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by essays 2009 Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd. Scholarship Essays 2009! Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE.

Buy Essay Papers Here -
Nursing scholarship essays pdf 1 Кб

Online Dating Argument Essay Essays and scholarship, Research Papers. Report Online Dating in the Gay and Lesbian Community: A Snapshot of Matchmaker.com users in Southern California . Overview Online Dating , or OL Dating , which for writing san diego the purpose of 2009 this paper includes meeting people and forming relationships online with the intention of meeting face to submissions writing, face, is essays beginning to receive substantial attention because of its recent surge in popularity in the U.S., and order paper, its potential social implications. In August 2003, 40 million people visited online dating websites. Dating , Dating system , Homosexuality 1842 Words | 6 Pages. Online Dating In the world of cyberspace, there are numerous activities and trends that have risen in recent years. With new . sites constantly emerging, people are spending more time on the internet. Scholarship. One of the more popular trends on the internet is social networks and sites created for matchmaking or online dating . In the order paper, past people were limited to finding dates, the choices of dates were scarce in scholarship some smaller areas.

People had only been able to date with many limits and with people in the same. Dating , Dating system , EHarmony 1557 Words | 4 Pages. Online dating is online a which allows individuals, couples and groups to make contact and communicate with each other over the . Internet, usually with the 2009, objective of developing a personal, romantic, or sexual relationship. Match making occurs over the Internet using computers or cellphones. In order to use an writing online dating service, people start by scholarship essays, creating a profile with basic information about computational paper, themselves such as gender, age, location, and essays, interests, and at least one photo. Most online dating services. Dating , Dating system , EHarmony 1706 Words | 6 Pages. friends?

Have you heard of online dating ? II. Today I am going talk to you about online dating . . III. For a year I have been using online dating services as a primary way of dating . With. I have tried many sites from essays, friendster, myspace to yahoo personal. I have talk to, met and dated more than 10 men. Some have been successful and some not so successful. IV. The purpose of my speech is to increase your understanding of online dating . During my speech I will define online dating , and distinguish between. Chat room , Dating , Dating system 816 Words | 5 Pages. heard of online dating ? II.

According to About.com, the definition of computational biology paper online dating is the scholarship essays 2009, . process of biology research being introduced to potential dates through an online dating service such as, email, chat, and other available websites. Essays 2009. III. In researching this speech, I learned how efficacious online dating has been to a large amount of people. IV. Order Paper Watermark. The purpose of my speech is to increase your understanding of online dating . Scholarship 2009. During my speech I will define online dating , different online dating sites. Dating , Dating system , Matchmaking 841 Words | 3 Pages. Online Dating It was a bright and sunny day in Hampton. The birds were chirping and the sun was shining brightly through Mary’s . bedroom window.

Mary was about six feet even, with long jet black hair that comes to her waist line. Mary had almond shape eyes and her skin was dark. She was a single thirty year old black female. Thesis For Business. Mary had tried numerous approaches to find her perfect sole mate but was unsuccessful. She went searching at malls, bars, and even at church, but she was still unsuccessful. Dating , Online dating service 1540 Words | 4 Pages. Internet Dating ; Plenty of Fish Internet dating is one of the most popular ways to meet the ideal person for a relationship. . These websites are to help a person to get to scholarship essays, know one another with the idea of order paper meeting and possibly dating . Dating websites offer two people a chance to essays 2009, get to know one another without the complete knowledge of what the other person looks like, and writing, creates the scholarship, chemistry couples need for a relationship without looks getting in the way. Online dating also allows for. Dating , Dating system , Match.com 894 Words | 3 Pages.

Online Dating Online dating is thesis faster, easier, and more convenient than going out and taking the scholarship essays, . time out of a busy schedule to meet new people. With websites like EHarmony, Match, and creative writing camp, Christian Mingle single people are presented with an scholarship essays opportunity that is for business ethics more accessible at any moment. Talking through an online dating service may be more comfortable than a first time face-to-face confrontation, but is scholarship essays it really a good idea? According to the PIP study on online dating , 10% of Americans have tried. Concept , Dating , Dating system 840 Words | 3 Pages. practical issues of the community. This essay will describe a concern which has become a problem for users of the internet, how it has become a . concern, why it is order watermark a concern and who suffers as a result of this concern. No one wants to essays 2009, think that they could be taken advantage of by users of online dating sites, and thesis, yet thousands of scholarship essays 2009 people are every year.

Online dating is a popular way for internet users to submissions writing, create and develop relationships online through dating websites such as eHarmony.com and scholarship essays 2009, Lavalife. Confidence trick , Dating , Dating system 990 Words | 3 Pages. Online Dating vs. Traditional Dating. Online Dating vs. Traditional Dating Society today has changed in creative writing many ways. For example, we now have something . called online dating . There is scholarship essays 2009 also traditional dating , which has been around for writing camp centuries.

Online dating and traditional dating have many similarities, but yet at the same time have many differences. Online dating is one of scholarship 2009 technologies new advances. People can go to for business ethics, websites, create a profile describing themselves in full detail and chat with the opposite scholarship 2009 sex. Then the person. Date , Dating , Man 859 Words | 3 Pages. Pros and online, Cons of Online Dating for Teens. Thesis statement: A. Online dating in the society today 1. Why online dating is 2009 popular. People . nowadays have become so busy with their career that there is paper watermark little time left for their social life. They think that OD is safe as online dating agencies run a background check-up on each and every member they accept. With the online dating services, there is no pressure as you go out with only scholarship essays 2009, those you appreciate and would want to thesis, know better. It is also an scholarship inexpensive way to find a partner.

A Great Way to Care , Courtship , Dating 1291 Words | 4 Pages. Online Dating vs. Traditional Dating. Most singles date multiple people until they find their true love. However, the techniques of dating have changed with the use of the . Internet. While many people prefer online dating to the tradition dating approach, is online dating a safe alternative to the traditional way of meeting potential romantic life partners? Online dating has become one the fastest growing alternative techniques of dating . According to Dr.

Gregory Forge, Over 60 percent of all internet users spend about online creative writing, two or more. Date , Dating , Dating system 1050 Words | 3 Pages. ?John Doe Professor Poop Analyzing an Argument English 1020-006 20 March 2014 Word Count: 573 An Effective Argument . Kevin Alexander writes an article titled, “Myspace Not Responsible for Predators”. In the scholarship 2009, article he discusses the thesis, lawsuits towards Myspace for molestation. He believes that it is scholarship not Myspace’s fault for these terrible occurrences. Thesis. He has a very strong, mainly one sided view of the subject, and scholarship 2009, that in no way could Myspace be responsible. The fact that these incidents. Logic , Racial segregation 784 Words | 5 Pages. The best form of meeting singles: Online Dating I want to meet and date someone new and with watermark, I want to meet them now!

I bet . that’s a line you don’t hear every day. That’s because the modern day single has found the scholarship, secret to meeting new singles and believe it or not it lies in cyber space, online dating . Online dating happens to be the most popular twenty-first century way of meeting people due to its delightful conveniences. These days, people are used to having everything right at their fingertips. Anxiety , Dating , Dating system 882 Words | 3 Pages. Removing the Stigma of Online Dating. Running head: REMOVING THE STIGMA OF ONLINE DATING Removing the Stigma of Online Dating . Submissions Creative Writing. Information Technology in Society CSOC 880-1 Online dating as a form of social networking has become a commonplace and acceptable method of scholarship essays 2009 meeting potential partners. Until recently, individuals who met dates online were viewed by society as desperate, social misfits. Traditional dating methods include meeting people through friends, face-to-face encounters, at bars or work. More recently, sites such.

Dating , Dating system , Interpersonal relationship 1465 Words | 5 Pages. multitude of single people on biology research an online dating site. Scholarship. You find an interesting candidate; their profile catches your attention, . their pictures captivate your eyes, and the smooth way they chat with you online keeps you fascinated with their persona. Since your conversation online was always a thrill, it seemed natural to computational research, set up a face-to-face (FTF) meeting. Scholarship Essays. When you finally get to online submissions creative, meet this wonderful person, who has been roaming through your mind since the first online date, your eyes are appalled to. Dating , Dating system , Intimate relationships 1298 Words | 4 Pages. In the very unique industry of scholarship 2009 online dating , an e-business must use many marketing tools and online writing, techniques to catch the eyes of the . business's audience. If the e-business is for scholarship essays some reason unable to accomplish this, the online dating sight will not last long. This section will discuss the marketing tools and techniques used by e-businesses in the online dating industry.

There will also be a rating of the three most common online dating networks, rating many areas of the site from computational research paper, ease of use to customer. Customer service , Dating , Dating system 1071 Words | 3 Pages. ? Argument Essay Prewriting Template Step 1: Argument Essay Thesis Statement and Planning Directions: . Complete all of the elements of the planning; otherwise, the content of your piece will not be accurate. My Topic: Online Learning My Attitude: My Purpose: To persuade my audience to scholarship, agree with me. Scholarship 2009. My Thesis Statement: Online learning is beneficial to students. My Audience: Instructor, classmates, family 1. How much does my audience know about scholarship, my subject? 2. Age? Gender?

Race? Social status. Education , Essay , Thesis or dissertation 1822 Words | 7 Pages. English 1A March 14, 2013 The World of Online Dating In today’s world online dating services have . currently attracted millions of customers; some looking for a lifelong love and some just looking for a few months of computational biology research fun under the sun. The internet has been open for public use sense the 1980’s and scholarship essays 2009, shortly after its distribution the world of online dating was created. Online Submissions. The telephone has always been a great way of communicating with others but ever sense cyber dating has arisen the number of essays people looking. Dating , Dating system , EHarmony 1014 Words | 3 Pages. twitter, weber…and so no) to online submissions creative, match people or meeting friends.

It seems that no matter man or woman in modern society, all have an scholarship essays open attitude about for business ethics, . meeting friends online . Then what about find a dating partner online ? One research project reveals that males are much easier to accept finding a dating partner online (one of the largest matchmaking services, reports registering over 500 people a day, two thirds of scholarship 2009 which are males (Neville,1997)), and computational research, most of female just want to meet. Female , Gamete , Gender 712 Words | 4 Pages. Argument Analysis Essay ENG 215 October 18, 2010 4.5 points I enjoyed reading this paper very much. Essays. It made excellent . Writing Camp San Diego. points about opinion and fear. However, it experienced some problems as noted in the text. Scholarship. Also, it did not use any outside research to thesis for business, support the scholarship 2009, position presented in the essay and depended solely on online personal opinion and quotes taken directly from the essays . Nice job! Argument Analysis Essay Expressing your opinion is the foundation of an excellent essay . Your opinion. Anxiety , Audience , Belief 835 Words | 3 Pages. ? Argument Essay The world has come a long way in the past 50 years. The advances in medicine and technology alone are a large . part of why the current generation is living in a better time than the generations before. Essays. With so many possibilities at the touch of camp a button, I feel the 2009, world is more productive and online, efficient than it has ever been.

People in the world today are constantly multi-tasking. As I write this paper, I could be doing any number of other tasks as well. I have the ability to scholarship, take. Bus , Cheque , Family 1305 Words | 4 Pages. to enhance student success, the SRTF [Semester Review Task Force] did not see significant evidence that a calendar conversion from quarters to semesters . would result in improved student outcomes,” the task force wrote in its report. Argumentative Essay First Assignment About 12 years ago, the CSU, East Bay campus community (students, faculty, and staff) voted about making a change from quarters to computational biology, semesters. Obviously, the essays, vote was for staying on scholarship the semester system. In the CSU, LB article. Academic term , American Association of 2009 State Colleges and Universities , California Collegiate Athletic Association 822 Words | 3 Pages.

? Argument Essay Angel Seter Kelly Mink . PHI103 9/1/2014 Argument Essay The government does not believe in same- sex marriage. It is not part of the ideal marriage between a man and woman that has been around for decades. The government still believes these individuals has rights and online submissions, does recognize them as a equal that can live together just not. Bisexuality , Civil union , Family 1182 Words | 6 Pages. ? Argument Essay Many graduates from post secondary acquire their career with a graduate degree. Students build their . Essays. credentials and portfolio through educations and programs they receive from post secondary, and seek to target a specific labor field or institutions to work for.

With the help of graduate degree that increases student’s value in paper with watermark labor market, it is easier to pin point in a career pursue. Scholarship 2009. A national strategy that promotes and supports the post-secondary into labor. Academic degree , College , Education 440 Words | 3 Pages. The Online Dating Question: To Lie or Not to thesis ethics, Lie? To Lie or Not to Lie?

The Online Dating Question As one generation passes to the next, the way singles find partners changes, . now it is essays 2009 changing from paper with, traditional dating to scholarship, online dating . Thesis. Online dating has become increasingly widespread and scholarship essays 2009, tends to be the online, future trend. Essays 2009. People are more likely to use dating websites than traditional dating , because they can meet numerous people in a straightforward way. Creative Camp. Parents start worrying about their children’s future partners on dating websites. Yet, they do not. Dating , Dating system , Deception 2405 Words | 7 Pages. Argument Analyzing Essay Human Resources, One of the most important factors any business need to consider any . business. Essays 2009. And with the online submissions creative, rapidly developed technology, the scholarship, human life is greatly improved but also many social related mental problems such as anxiety, depression. Of course there are many ways to treat such problems but most well-known treatment is psychotherapy and medication.

There are many controversies about biodiversity, whether psychotherapy or medication is best for the patients. We will. Audience , Critical thinking , Mental health 816 Words | 3 Pages. Collin Brozek Scott Harber Comp. I April 14th, 2013 Argument Essay There are a plethora of reasons why pop and soft-drinks . are bad for personal health as well as the environment. Never the scholarship 2009, less there have been an increase of obesity cases and children with diabetes caused solely by the consumption of scholarship sugar filled beverages. The consumption of soft-drinks and other carbonated beverages have multiple negative effects, and I want to briefly cover ten or so reason as to why soda is hazardous to. Caffeine , Carbonated water , Diet soda 2001 Words | 6 Pages. ?Feliz Arana Wakefield 101-F Argument Essay August 16, 2011 Copy Cats Tacoma Community College has certain academic . policies put in place to 2009, encourage students to biology paper, grow and uphold good ethical academic practices. Most of the policies make good sense to avoid taking others information without giving credit in one’s own paper.

However, one particular policy under “Administrative Procedure for Academic Dishonesty” is flawed and scholarship, does not take into biology research, account instructors practices. Specifically the. Academia , Academic dishonesty , Classroom 858 Words | 3 Pages. ? Argument Essay By: Mina Gedeon Empathy is the ability to understand and scholarship, share the feelings of others, to really step in . someone else's shoes. Thesis Biodiversity. In literature empathy is a major role for emotion in a story, it can be viewed and used in scholarship 2009 many different ways.

It can be handled to expose certain characters characteristics and much more. In a novel you must determine how a character feels towards others which can be shoed by empathy. In the scholarship, novel To Kill A Mocking Bird by Harper Lee, there are quite a. African American , Atticus Finch , Harper Lee 1204 Words | 3 Pages. Breshun Thompson Mr. Trimm EN 1113-45 18 Mar 2013 The Influence of Gender on Career Choices “It’s not hard to scholarship essays, make decisions when you know what your . values are.” This quote by computational biology paper, Roy Disney greatly inspires my argumentative research essay . Throughout my exploratory essay , I found that there is a slight effect on being raised in scholarship 2009 a female/male dominated family in regards to the upbringing of biodiversity a child. Even though that gender could play a major role in any family involving children, one would think that. Choice , Discrimination , Ethnic group 1329 Words | 4 Pages.

I don’t see any remnants of prejudices from within our race. If I had not interviewed her, I would never know that she suffered and fought within herself . to not succumb to the stereotypes. She never said she had trouble dating men before marrying my father. While dating , she could not differentiate between racism and preference. She didn’t know if a guy preferred her friend because that was just his preference (she was light) or that he was a racist within his race. It was to mind boggling. African American , Black people , Human skin color 1337 Words | 4 Pages. Online Dating sites Essay Entsminger. ? Online Dating sites Week 4 Tony Entsminger Upper Iowa University You’ve heard of tinder, POF, christianmingle.com, and . Essays 2009. match.com.

These websites claim to biology research paper, find you perfect matches. They say love is right around the corner with their website. These websites make it so you, the searcher, has the opportunity to scholarship, meet tens of hundreds of women in essays search for that special person that will steal your heart. These dating sites have become huge in today’s society in meeting new people. Dating sites were. Dating , Dating system , Lawsuit 816 Words | 4 Pages. Non-Discrimination Act). Scholarship. If this act will enhance sentences it will cause less discrimination all over.

People are winning transgender and for business, gender . non-conforming cases now without this act in 2009 place. All other hate crimes are listed on scholarship essays 2009 there already, therefore this argument doesn’t really make any sense. It’ll just cause an increase in 2009 crime rate, but it’s okay for online creative all other hate crimes to scholarship 2009, be listed. If this will just cause an increase in for business ethics crime rate than that ought to say something about scholarship 2009, today’s society. Transgender. Abuse , Discrimination , Gender 1797 Words | 7 Pages. “Ielts Argument Essay Writing Guide” 8 SPLASH Info Sheet Essay Writing It is important that you do not just submit the essays, first version of the essays 2009, essay you have . written. Ideally you should give yourself plenty of time to write a first draft, review the online submissions writing, first draft and rewrite your essay making necessary changes.

Here are some basic tips that may help you. How do I write the first draft? • Do not worry too much at this stage about style or good English. • However, try to express ideas clearly by avoiding the use of long. Clearing , Conclusion , Creative writing 575 Words | 3 Pages. present an argument related to it. Scholarship. Organising a discursive essay There are three basic structures (ways of organising) for the . discursive essay - * you argue strongly for a given discussion topic * you argue strongly against a given discussion topic * you argue about a given discussion topic in a balanced way. Ideally, you should read these over (and complete any accompanying tasks)before you attempt the test bite.

Good luck! Finding information for a discursive essay In the same. Animal testing , Argument , Arguments 1703 Words | 5 Pages. ? Critical Argument Analysis Essay Sara London ENG/215 May 4, 2015 Virginia Stewart Critical Argument Analysis . Essays 2009. Essay As a youth, I often wrote essays for school. Essays. Although writing isn’t my strong point, I recently have learned new skills and tactics to formulate decent articles. I also have learned what to notice while reading articles. Ethics. Following the reading of three articles, I can analyze and evaluate them and identify several essential elements. I plan to determine the strengths and weaknesses.

Academia , Diabetes mellitus , Eminem 814 Words | 5 Pages. Teh Difference Between Online Dating and Traditional. The Difference between Online Dating and Traditional Dating Elizabeth Hill Com/170 . 08-01-2013 Elizabeth Olivares The Difference between Online Dating and 2009, Traditional Dating Every day millions of single people share a common goal. They share the desire in finding a romantic life partner, someone with whom they can share their hopes and dreams, someone with whom they can grow old. Most singles date several. Date , Dating , Dating system 1168 Words | 4 Pages.

Partner Preferences in Online Dating. themselves in their ads might be due to thesis, their desire to start a relationship with no hidden secrets, which would make them feel more secure. Men, however, . were brief and spontaneous. I believe that they are more skeptical about finding a partner on dating sites. Few of the men mentioned that it was their first time trying to scholarship essays, find a date on order the internet, because they saw it working out for a friend, and said to scholarship, themselves “why not try?” I compared my findings with the evolutionary theory of paper attraction.

Interpersonal relationship , Love , Lust 1081 Words | 3 Pages. wju.edu/arc/ How Do I Write a Position/ Argument Essay ? Having a strong thesis has been important all along in your writing. . Having a coherent form to individual sentences, paragraphs, and scholarship 2009, the essay as a whole has been important all along in your writing. Yet here is where everything comes together, where the various compositional forms (cause/effect, classification/division, comparison/contrast, example/illustration etc.) may serve your argument . The good news is that, unless you’ve been. Argument , Essay , Fallacy 754 Words | 3 Pages. among such same-looking people?” (Nungak 288).

Puzzling, though the research paper, notion is, that we are so similar and 2009, yet have found throughout history innumerable ways . to creative writing camp san diego, fight and kill each other. Civil wars, holy wars, or merely wars for the sake of petty arguments between kings, have all been waged without regard that we are all a part of humanity. One might darkly suggest that at least we don’t solely discriminate and fight wars based on essays 2009 racial or cultural issues, war seems to computational biology research, be blind to such things, and. Culture , English language , Puerto Rico 1098 Words | 3 Pages. The Argument of Abortion - Philosophy Essay. The Argument of scholarship Abortion - Philosophy Essay The Argument of Abortion - Philosophy Essay In On . the Moral and Legal Status of biology paper Abortion, Mary Anne Warren discusses a few arguments against essays, abortion, namely bringing into play whether the online submissions creative, fetus is actually a person, or “not a member of the scholarship 2009, moral community”. She defends that abortion is a morally sound action.

Don Marquis, in his essay An Argument that Abortion is Wrong, takes the opposite stance. He claims “that abortion, except perhaps in rare. Abortion , Abortion debate , Core issues in ethics 1122 Words | 3 Pages. History of paper with Online Dating : History of Online Dating The first major Internet dating Web . site was the combination of 2009 kiss.com and match.com, which were both registered by the same person in thesis biodiversity 1994 and 1995. The market exploded from there and by 1996, there were 16 dating websites listed on Yahoo!.

In 1998, Internet dating got a cultural boost with the release of the movie “You’ve Got Mail” staring Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan. Even though this movie didn’t directly focus on online dating , it put meeting someone. Dating , Dating system , Match.com 671 Words | 2 Pages. ONLINE DATING I ntroduction Online dating is a relatively new phenomenon. It arose during the . late 1990s, at the same time that the essays 2009, Internet itself was becoming increasingly popular. Computational Biology. Despite being a relatively young industry, online dating has already become one of the most profitable types of business to essays 2009, be found on the Internet. Thesis For Business Ethics. Online dating services currently attract millions of users every day, and the industry as a whole is making hundreds of millions of dollars each year. Scholarship Essays 2009. Online dating. Dating , Dating system , Match.com 3637 Words | 10 Pages. ? Online dating has proven to be more likely to enhance marriage satisfaction compared to that of face-to-face . Biodiversity. dating . In a study including 20,000 respondents, 35 percent met their date on an online site and essays 2009, married each other.

Out of the submissions writing, 35 percent of online daters, 6 percent reported to end in a break up or divorce. That is more than half of the respondents that wed offline. Research shows that while online , people tend to be more honest and open with their partner than they are when they are offline. Dating , Dating system , Interpersonal relationship 595 Words | 2 Pages. ? Argument Essay Final Template Step 5: Argument Essay Final Draft Directions: Turn off the “Track . Essays. Changes” feature. Copy and paste your edited draft. Select the entire essay and choose “Accept Changes” if the creative, document does not automatically make the scholarship essays, changes for you. Save the changes to this document; save it as “ Argument Essay Assignment.” Then use the link provided in Blackboard to submit the biology paper, document to your instructor. The instructor should then be able to see the entire process you took to create.

Apollo 11 , Apollo 13 , Apollo program 758 Words | 4 Pages. Useful Argumentative Essay Words and Phrases Examples of Argumentative Language Below are examples of signposts that are used in essays . Order Paper Watermark. argumentative essays . Essays. Signposts enable the scholarship essays, reader to follow our arguments easily. Scholarship Essays 2009. When pointing out opposing arguments (Cons): ? ? ? ? Opponents of this idea claim/maintain that… Those who disagree/ are against these ideas may say/ assert that… Some people may disagree with this idea, Some people may say that…however… When stating specifically why. Conclusion , Critical thinking , Idea 730 Words | 4 Pages. ONLINE DATING Online dating is a relatively new phenomenon. It arose during . the creative san diego, late 1990s, at the same time that the Internet itself was becoming pretty popular. Despite being a relatively young industry, online dating has already become one of the essays 2009, most profitable types of business to be found on the Internet. Online dating services currently attract millions of users every day, and the industry as a whole is making hundreds of millions of dollars each year. Online dating. Dating , Dating system , Interpersonal relationship 588 Words | 2 Pages.

Is Online Dating Destroying Love? According to the article online dating is destroying love and . benefiting those who want to find love. A blogger named ‘Jennifer’ born in 1969 claims “You couldn't do this until now. You went on waiting and thesis, waiting for your Prince, and you still had a long wait ahead of scholarship essays you, because he didn't know you were waiting, poor thing. Now you're on the net, and everyone knows it. Writing. It can't.

Dating , Dating system , Online dating 730 Words | 2 Pages. Teenage Dating : Allowed or Not? Nowadays, many teenagers in junior high school already have boyfriends or girlfriends. It is not really an . uncommon thing anymore in teenagers point of view lately. Teenagers in junior high school who already have boyfriends or girlfriends are just following their natural interest which usually goes to dating . Essays 2009. People see this nowadays as there are many young teenagers who still in junior high school to submissions creative writing, what they called ‘hang out’ or dating in many places.

Some. Adolescence , College , Girlfriend 924 Words | 3 Pages. ? Critical Argument Analysis Essay Ashlee L ENG/215 March 06, 2014 Glen Golightly Self-preservation is said to . be the reasoning behind the scholarship, emotion of fear, in fact most fears our commonly shared among large groups of people. Submissions. For instance the two most common phobias are; Arachnophobia the fear of essays 2009 spiders and Ophidiophobia the fear of snakes shared among most people in writing camp san diego the United States today. The three level of fear are Internal, External and Subconscious, each level identifies with. Anxiety , Claustrophobia , Fear 867 Words | 3 Pages. ?Composition II Eric Sack Fall 2014 Essay 1 - Narrative Argument Write an essay that implies a clear claim and uses . your own first-hand experience for support/evidence. The essay must use appeals involving logos, ethos and 2009, pathos, as well as connect with a general audience. For an in-depth discussion of thesis ethics narrative arguments , see chapter 11 of Good Reasons.

According to the book, narrative arguments rely on concrete individual stories rather than abstract statistics; they allow the readers to essays 2009, draw. Argument , Essay , Essays 723 Words | 2 Pages. cases it can occur that you have no particular opinion on the topic and therefore an argument arises in thesis biodiversity which you do not take sides and instead . lay out the essays, facts for the reader to decide which side he or she, if also undecided, will take. With. In the essays The case for scholarship essays 2009 college and I'm not racist but.., the authors do not take any particular sides. Instead they present you with information on both sides of the paper, argument and let you decide what you would like to think. This is very visible in The case.

Charles Darwin , Essay , Essays 937 Words | 3 Pages. Economic Analysis of Hot-or-Not Online Dating Apps. ? Chicago’s Hinge Launch Party and an Economic Analysis of Hot-or-Not Online Dating Applications A new . dating app—Hinge—recently launched in Chicago. Its kickoff party took place at Paris Club last month and was well attended by Chicago Booth students. Hinge positions itself as being like Tinder, which has a reputation for facilitating sexual encounters through its hot-or-not and much talked about essays, swipe-right-to-like interface, except that Hinge positions itself as being “for people who. Dating , Dating system , Matchmaking 1016 Words | 3 Pages. An Analysis of online creative writing Online Dating Agencies. E Business: Deliverable 4 An Analysis of the Online Dating Industry Total Pages : 35 CONTENTS PAGE 1. Essays. Introduction . Biodiversity. 3 2. Structure 4 3. Scholarship. Competition 5 4. Customers 7 5. People 11 6. Strategy 15 7. Regulations 18 8. Partners 21 9. Technology 25 10.

Process 30 11. Conclusion 33 12. Future implications for the industry 35 13. Appendices . Dating , Dating system , Match.com 15694 Words | 57 Pages. Online Dating Services Are Wonderful Way to Meet Compatible Potential Partners. * Online Dating Services Are Wonderful Way To Meet Compatible Potential Partners * Adam Ali, Bob Crawford * CISC 497 - . Paper. 002 * The rapid advancement of the scholarship, Internet and the thousands of online dating websites is changing the way we seek out potential mates. Instead of heading down to ethics, the local bar or nightclub in essays 2009 hopes of thesis for business ethics finding that special someone, more people are at home, meticulously constructing descriptive verses of themselves for their online dating profile. Some of the biggest.

Dating , Dating system , Match.com 866 Words | 3 Pages. Morgan O'Neal December 13, 2011 ENC1101-22 Argument and Persuasion Essay Price for scholarship essays 2009 Healthy Living Eating . unhealthy foods is one of the major causes of obesity today; but should there be a higher tax on all soft drinks and camp, junk food? Should people be punished for eating what they want? Yes, there are health risks involved with an scholarship unhealthy diet but is a higher taxing on these foods the right alternative? With the price of healthcare raising maybe the extra tax could help alleviate. Health , Health care , Healthy diet 628 Words | 3 Pages. The Impact of Online Dating Sites 7/4/13 9:25 PM Law Money Asbestos Cases and Lawyers Foreign Exchange Market Trading . UCLA Home Law Money Technology Travel Leisure Personal Loans in ethics L.A. What you need to know about scholarship, Mortgages Technology Answering Service Backing Up The Best Digital Cameras The Impact of Online Dating Sites The College Dating Scene – Offline and Online Dating is nothing new. Online Submissions Creative Writing. It has been around for essays as long as anyone can remember. Ask your parents and your.

Dating , Dating system , Online dating service 855 Words | 3 Pages. ? Argument Essay Outline I. Introduction a. Hook: Women make up one half of society. Scholarship. Our society will remain backward and in essays 2009 . chains unless its women are liberated, enlightened, and educated b. Scholarship Essays 2009. Background Information: women play important role in the family, men in Saudi Arabia consider women as a second sort. c. Scholarship Essays 2009. Opposing Position: Men in Saudi Arabia believe women should enjoy their lives and follow religious customs d. Thesis Statement: women in Saudi Arabia are deprived many rights, such. Amnesty International , Arabian Peninsula , Human rights 896 Words | 3 Pages. Online dating which allows individuals, couples and groups to make contact and online submissions writing, communicate with each other over the Internet, . usually with the objective of developing a personal romantic or sexual relationship. Around 30% of America's 80 million baby boomers are single. Essays. Since 2003, several free dating sites, operating on ad based-revenue rather than monthly subscriptions, have appeared and become increasingly popular. These advertisements are nothing but merely deception.

The way it works. Dating , Dating system , EHarmony 403 Words | 2 Pages.

Write my essay -
Spring 2009 ULS Scholarship Essay Contest Results

resume or vita sheet This page was created by Professor Frank Pajares. So you want to create a professional vita. Since you are in need of scholarship essays such a document, I will take the risk of assuming that you are relatively new what some like to call the academy. You are likely a doctoral student at biology paper, some stage of your academic journey.

Perhaps you are just starting your program and you realize, wisely may I say, that if you create this animal now you'll not need to essays scour your long-term memory several years from computational biology research paper, now to recover just what it was you did during this now lost time and when precisely it was that you did it. Scholarship. Perhaps you are at the end of your program, failed to create the animal early on, and scholarship 2009 now find yourself preparing your credentials so as to be short-listed by every search committee fortunate enough to scholarship essays 2009 receive your application packet. Perhaps you are at some stage in between, which makes you wiser than our poor procrastinator but sadder than our wiser early bird. In any case, let me first welcome you to thesis our world of academe. Scholarship 2009. Depending on the world from creative writing, which you have come, you will discover that in scholarship 2009, our world we view both the creation and substance of our self-presentations quite differently from the thesis biodiversity manner in which you may have viewed them in your previous life. You will need to rearrange some of your mental furniture. Let's deal with some things up front. First the name of the animal. Academicians like to call a vita what the scholarship essays rest of the civilized world refers to as a resumé . Vita , from the order with Latin for scholarship essays 2009 life, actually means a biographical sketch, so an academic resumé is often more accurately referred to as a curriculum vitae (or cv ), which Webster defines as a short account of one's career and qualifications prepared typically by computational biology paper an applicant for a position. Scholarship Essays. The word vitae is the plural of vita (although those of us inclined to online submissions writing decline vita [get it, get it?? ] know that, in curriculum vitae , the vitae is not a plural). Vitae is the genitive, or possessive, form, the essays translation being the course of life . The genitive and plural forms are identical in this case, and it makes no sense to online submissions creative use the scholarship essays term vitae either as a plural or in the genitive case to refer to an academic resumé.

I like vita because it's the scholarship essays correct term to use in this context, because nobody really cares what it's called, and because it's one letter shorter. Academicians may indeed believe that brevity is the soul of wit , but they do not believe it is the soul of the credentials they present to each other. In your previous world, you learned that a good resumé should consist of one page (two at the most, and essays then only front/back of one sheet of paper). Writing Camp San Diego. After all, employers are busy people who shouldn't have to rifle through multiple pages to get at essays, the essential information they seek. Not so in academia, where when it comes to the account of your professional experiences, less is little and more is best. Albert Einstein once said that not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts. That's nice. Just remember that, in academia, everything can be counted and everything counts.

So let's create a vita. Before we begin, however, let's deal with mundane details. Order Watermark. What font should you use? Can it be on chartreuse paper if that's your favorite color? Where should you number the scholarship pages? What margins should you set?

Here are some guidelines. You can't go wrong with Times New Roman . Everyone likes Times New Roman, especially reviewers, copy-editors, and professors. Courier is functional but ugly. Arial and Helvetica hurt people's eyes. Comic sans looks like you're writing the credits for a Simpsons episode. And remember, Times New Roman , not Times. Early in your career, a 12-point font will give you the length required without making it obvious that you're going for for business ethics girth.

After a few publications and a few service experiences, 11-point is a better choice. 1-inch margins all around. Scholarship. Page numbering at the bottom works just fine. Some like the biodiversity top-right hand corner with a running head of essays 2009 their last name on computational biology research paper each page. Some like a footer with the name and page number. Nobody really pays attention to this. Scholarship. Just be sure to number the pages. And use the same font type and thesis biodiversity size for essays the page number, header or footer, and 2009 document text.

White paper only . It should be of reasonable quality, but no need to go out and scholarship buy an expensive bond of heavy weight. Borrow some copier paper from thesis, your department office. It will do just fine. Essays 2009. If possible, print the original copy of order watermark your vita using a laser printer . You want your text to be crisp and scholarship essays 2009 sharp. Essays. And since you want the text crisp and sharp, take care that the photocopies are crisp and scholarship 2009 sharp . If your department has a poor quality copier, or if it has a great copier but won't let you use it, invest a few dollars and thesis go to your local copy center. Scholarship Essays 2009. But don't make too many copies at any one time . Make just enough copies to computational research meet your needs at the time. Scholarship Essays 2009. Keep in mind that you will be frequently updating your vita. It will also need to be adapted to meet your objectives at any particular time.

A little more on this point at the bottom of this page. Paper. Staple your vita on the top left-hand corner. If your copy machine will do it for you, all the better. Scholarship Essays 2009. Paperclips are cumbersome and easily come undone. Those little black clip-on thingies are bulky , especially when it comes to mailing your vita. No fancy cover page.

In fact, no cover page . The first page of your vita should be the first page of computational research your vita. Although you can't read the text, here is a nice first page. Notice that, since the scholarship essays author could not begin a new section following PUBLICATIONS, he simply left the computational research extra space at scholarship essays 2009, the bottom of the page blank. And it works fine. A first page with the most essential information#151;contact information, education, and publications. He must have had a fine adviser. As you prepare to begin page 1 of your vita, you realize that you need to make decisions regarding what to include and how to include it. First, you will need to decide what categories to use, the order in which to use them, and what information to include (and, just as important, what information to leave out). As regards categories, I suggest the following in the following order. After each, I provide an example drawn from actual vitae (that have had excellent success!). The examples are .gif files, so the text will not be perfectly sharp (yours, on the other hand, should be crisp and clear).

If you are using a slow modem, be patient, as the graphics may take a bit to load. Online Submissions Creative. At the end of this page, I offer links to a couple of scholarship complete doctoral student vitaes that you may view or download. Name . Right at the top, nicely centered and in bold. Perhaps even a couple of font points larger than the document text. Paper Watermark. I think it looks nice to scholarship essays put Vita to the left of the page and the current term and year on the right. Lets people know you're keeping up with yourself. Contact Information . Professional contact information on the left (address, office telephone, fax, email); home contact information on the right (address, home telephone). If you have a home page on the Internet, be sure to include the URL. If you choose not to provide your home contact information (I don't), you may prefer to put address on the right and tel/fax/email on the left. In any case, be sure your vita clearly tells readers how to best contact you should they wish to.

Here are samples of each. This one with the home address and personal contact information. And this one without the home address. Research Paper. Note, nonetheless, that the home phone number is included. Again, that is up to you. I don't even like the essays 2009 phone company having my home phone number. Education . List your degrees, the universities that were wise enough to grant them to you, and the year you obtained them. Include your academic major(s) and major areas of study.

If you graduated with honors or Phi Beta Kappa, include this information. If you've not yet graduated, state your status and expected date of graduation. If you are this far into paper watermark the game, include the title of your dissertation and your committee chair. Essays 2009. Don't outline. Simply include the information in scholarship, a nice tight paragraph.

Most recent degrees first. Publications . Essays. Search committees at watermark, research universities are strongly interested in a candidate's publications. Essays 2009. Consequently, this section should follow the Education section. Scholarship 2009. If you are just starting out, place all your publications in one section#151;refereed articles, nonrefereed articles, chapters, book reviews. As your publications accumulate , this section will need subsections such as refereed publications, chapters in edited books, monographs and research bulletins, and the like. List publications in order of recency, with most recent publications first. Don't worry about alphabetical disorder#151;readers are most interested in what you've done for scholarship them lately. And here is a critical point: present the publications using the format provided by your discipline's Publication Manual . In social science, we use the scholarship 2009 guidelines of the American Psychological Association [used in education, psychology, most social sciences, most sciences, medicine]. Consequently, all our publications and presentations should be written consistent with APA guidelines.

If you fall under the auspices of the Modern Language Association (MLA) [used in the humanities, English, foreign language studies] or The Chicago Manual of Style [used in essays 2009, history, anthropology], or perhaps you need to use the American Sociological Association Style Guide. And take care to follow their guidelines. There should be few things more professionally embarrassing to order paper watermark you than revealing your ignorance of your discipline's publication guidelines right on your vita. Presentations . Scholarship Essays. You've presented papers, posters, or round-tables at various regional and national conferences. List them here, again in order of recency, with most recent presentations first. Perhaps you've done invited talks at professional meetings or have been asked to be a chair or discussant of thesis for business ethics a particular session.

If so, these should be included. Again, take care to essays follow your discipline's referencing format. Additional Research Experience . Biodiversity. If you think through your doctoral experience, you will no doubt have taken part in various research projects. List them here. Include official titles, names of scholarship essays principal investigators, your actual duties and responsibilities, dates. Order of recency again. Honors and Awards . Creative Writing. This section may be a bit sparce at first, but, as will your publications, it will grow. Scholarship Essays. If you received research funds or fellowship funds, include the amount (unless the figure is rather low, in writing, which case who needs to know?). Scholarship 2009. Think back to your Masters and Bachelors programs#151;you got stuff.

We all get stuff. We love stuff. Put the stuff down. Professional Development . Not only have you gotten stuff, you've done stuff, you belong to stuff, and you know stuff. Include in order paper, this section your professional affiliations, service that you have provided your department or university, continuing education coursework you've taken. Think back to scholarship 2009 all those wonderful committees you've suffered . Creative Writing San Diego. I mean, served on. Perhaps you have reviewed manuscripts for journals or conference proposals for scholarship essays professional organizations, in which case be sure to include this information. You may want also to include proficiency in statistical or other software programs that a prospective employer may value. College Teaching Experience . As part of your doctoral program you've no doubt been provided with the opportunity to teach.

At the very least you've TA'd for one of your professors. Creative Writing Camp. Perhaps you've been able to teach your own class. If you've guest lectured in someone else's class, you could put this here as well. Of course, if you've done this often, it would better go in its own section. Previous Work Experience . You had a life before you came to academia. Scholarship Essays 2009. Remember? Here's your chance to tell prospective departments what you've done before. Be judicious as to essays what to scholarship essays include in this section and to submissions creative how much information to provide.

If you were a classroom teacher, provide the name of the school, courses or levels taught, and any additional duties you undertook. Be brief. There is no need to include the numerous part-time jobs that got you through college, or the 2009 pizza deliveryt job you had throughout high school. Ask yourself, what does my prospective employer need to know about me. References . This should be the last section of your vita.

Provide at least three referees, but, again, more is more. You never know who knows whom, and it's wise to give readers as many names as possible to contact. Perhaps one of your referees is a long-time acquaintance of submissions a search committee member. Who can predict these things? Be sure to include the referee's title, mail address, office phone number, and email address. It goes without saying that you should seek permission from referees before including their names on your vita. Here are some closing thoughts. A vita is your face to a crowd who can't see or hear your face.

It speaks for you and about you. How it looks and feels says something about you and about your professional habits. If it has numerous errors, omissions, and typos, it says that you are careless, inattentive to scholarship essays 2009 detail, and have little regard for the audience who is taking the time to examine it (and you), to whatever end. Research Paper. Think about this for a moment: When you apply for 2009 your first position, the search committee who receives your application packet may receive over 200 application packets similar to yours. They will put all your stuff in a little folder and will place that folder in a big file-drawer filled with similar folders each filled with all the stuff from other candidates eager to beat you out for that position. At some point, tired committee members will begin the process of examining each and thesis biodiversity every folder. You will be at home sipping a gin and tonic, certain that you will be short-listed. You will not be inside your folder.

All that will be there are pieces of paper. They'd best be good pieces of paper. A vita should be adapted and tailored to essays meet your objective. For Business Ethics. For example, if you will be applying to a teaching college, it's wise to put the teaching sections first, and you may even want to include information about your teaching experience that you would not include if you were applying to a research university. Similarly, if you've worked hard and garnered many awards and recognitions for your labors, you may want to move that section a leeetle tiny bit closer to the front. Fluff, filler, and essays padding will add girth to your vita, but they will substract class.

Respect both the integrity and the shrewdness of your audience. A search committee can spot a padded vita immediately. Creative Writing Camp. Moreover, it makes you look silly and desperate. More is indeed more, but you shouldn't be trying to make much ado about very little. There are many types of effective vitaes. And you have a personality.

Tailor your vita to your personality. Scholarship. Ask your Chair and other members of your department to see their vitaes. Who knows, perhaps one of order them is on scholarship chartreuse paper. Biodiversity. There are no set rules or standards in this endeavor, and, as Alexander Dumas said, all generalizations are dangerous, even this one. Or at least they should be. Stay real. I had a professor who was overly fond of the injunction that this or that activity would be a good resumé builder. That got on my nerves as a student.

As a professor, I find it deplorable that anyone should engage in essays 2009, an activity because the activity is research a good resumé builder. 2009. Because, as some are prone to say, it looks good on your vita. Of course some things look nice on order paper with watermark a vita. Fine. What if you hated doing those things but your prospective employer expects you to do more of them? Follow your muse and your interests. What a prospective employer sees should be what a prospective employer gets. Scholarship. And that should be the essays 2009 real you. Let others worry about building their resumés. You worry about building your character and your life through your interests and your strengths.

And . dare I use such an scholarship 2009 abused word . through your passions. Revisit your vita often! Given enough time, it's easy to forget what you've done and thesis biodiversity when. Well, I hope this was helpful. All that remains is for essays me to provide you with samples of vitaes that are good exemplars and scholarship with links to sites on the web that provide information about essays 2009, creating academic vitaes.

First the sample vitaes. Thesis. For those of you who have reached this page but who are not graduate students in Education, please note that the following vitaes are from graduate students in education. Scholarship Essays. All are PDF files. If you do not have it, click here to download the free Acrobat PDF Reader. It may be helpful also for you to have a look at order paper watermark, the vitaes of some established scholars.

Here are some links to vitaes available on-line (from some pretty hefty names). In some cases, the scholar has placed the vita on-line as an essays 2009 html document, which means that you shouldn't pay attention to the format of the vita. It's difficult to format an html document in the same way you will format your own vita. The more important thing to pay attention to in these vitaes are the categories that the scholars have created and scholarship what they typically include in these categories. Of course, these are all similar to what your own vita will look like in just a couple of years. Prof. Tim Urdan, Santa Clara University (PDF file) Prof. Robert Sternberg, Yale University (html file and essays Word document) Prof. Gary Natriello, Teachers College, Columbia University (html file)

And last but not least, here are a few sites on the Web that provide information on creating a vita. Please keep in thesis for business, mind that any advice offered at these sites that conflicts with mine clearly must be misguided.

Buy Essay Online -
Essay contest scholarship 2009

Analysis of Nora Helmer A dolls House. Analysis of Nora Helmer A dolls House. Somtims, charactrs in scholarship 2009 a novl or play go through a grat dynamic chang only to thesis biodiversity, find thir tru slf and to rmov th fraudulnt prcption of scholarship essays 2009, thmslvs in th ys of othrs. Such a chang lads th charactr to bcom fully awar of thir lif as wll as finally undrstand what a hypocritical lif thy hav mistaknly ld. At th bginning of Hnrik Ibsn#8217;s A Doll#8217;s Hous, Nora Hlmr is shown as a childish and naiv houswif with a knack for spnding mony.

This opinion is transfrrd mostly through Nora#8217;s #8220;parnt child#8221; dialogu with hr husband, Torvald. Computational Biology Research! Need essay sample on Analysis of Nora Helmer A dolls House ? We will write a custom essay sample specifically for you for scholarship essays only $12.90/page. Torvald#8217;s usual characterization of Nora as an #8220;expensive little person#8221; (p14) with a skill of melting his money in her hands clearly illustrates Nora#8217;s relation with her husband as being strikingly similar to that of a spoiled child and his wealthy parents. However, during the course of the play, as Ibsen takes the computational reader through the scholarship essays climax of Nora#8217;s pre-liberated life, he shows how Nora develops into camp san diego, a wiser, more determined woman who learns to respect herself. Nora#8217;s development is essays highlighted and guided with her growing courage, her direct attempts to become more equal with her husband, and her increasingly realistic attitude about herself. As Nora Helmer develops increasingly more courage, the reader sees a start at her growing liberality and respect for herself. At first, Nora#8217;s carefree happiness is only propelled by her utter following and dependence on her husband#8217;s wishes. Order Paper! For example, Torvald jokingly confronts Nora about scholarship 2009 nibbling on some sweets she seriously states, #8220;[she] should not think of going against order watermark, your wishes,#8221; (p15) acting in the same way a child would, when he does not obey.

However, with the arrival of Mrs. Linde, Nora finds a person to whom she can be fully honest and true. Her request that Torvald hire Mrs. Linde, a demand unthinkable of at essays 2009, the beginning of the novel, indicates an ongoing change in her attitude. The true test of submissions creative writing, Nora#8217;s courage comes when Krogstad threatens to reveal to everyone her fraudulent signature on essays, the bond. An otherwise timid woman, Nora#8217;s actions now show her rapid change.

As Nora sends out research paper, Mrs. Linde to essays 2009, persuade Krogstad get to for business, change his mind, she shows full independence and awareness of her actions. Nora#8217;s final test of courage comes, of essays 2009, course, at the climax of the action, after Krogstad sends the scholarship 2009 bond back and scholarship essays, all seems to be well again. As Torvald Helmer admits #8220;I should not be a man if this womanly helplessness did not just give you a double attractiveness…Very soon you won#8217;t need me to assure you that I have forgiven you; you will yourself feel the certainty that I have done so#8221;, (p66) Nora truly realizes what a lie she has been living for thesis biodiversity the past eight years. She demonstrates now that she is liberated from Torvald#8217;s parent-like influence by leaving him to 2009, #8220;stand quite alone…to understand myself and everything about [her]#8221; (p71) Needless to say, the courage to part with one who you have loved for paper watermark a number of essays 2009, years, shows how determined Nora has become to liberate herself from the shackles that society placed her. In addition to Nora Helmer#8217;s growing courage, she also acquires an idealistic intention to become equal with her husband.

In her heart, she realizes the position in life that she has been given, one where she must wear a facade of order, cheerfulness and scholarship 2009, eagerness to please, is far lower than her potential. The reader gets a first glimpse into this desire as Nora admits to Mrs. Linde how she saved money to repay Krogstad for the loan. Nora says, #8220;Last winter I was lucky enough to get a lot of copying to do; so I locked myself up and sat writing all evening until quite late at order paper with, night…it was a tremendous pleasure to sit there working and earning money. It was like being a man.#8221; (p22) This innate desire to be like a man, to have responsibilities, to earn money and scholarship, have work to look forward to shows Nora#8217;s unhappiness with her life. The reader can then see that Nora is a very astute and precocious woman. A second, more direct example of Nora#8217;s intent to thesis for business, become more significant and influential in the family occurs after Krogstad#8217;s threat to 2009, tell Torvald about their matter. Nora approaches Torvald and is ready to talk to him about the loan she had procured to save his life, but is turned off by his idiosyncratic reply what would it seem if #8220;the new manager changed his mind at this wife#8217;s bidding#8221; (p41). Through Nora#8217;s unsuccessful attempts to change Torvald#8217;s mind about firing Krogstad, Ibsen shows the controversial truth that in the late 1800#8217;s it was common and expectant of women to become influenced and controlled by the men in 2009 their lives.

Alas, to scholarship essays 2009, the end Torvald maintains his superior position over Nora, which is most accurately presented in the quote #8220;Playtime shall be over, and lesson-time shall begin.#8221; (p68) He so strongly believes that #8220;no man would sacrifice his honor for the one he loves#8221;(p71) that there is no wonder why Torvald acted so selfishly vain and order watermark, harsh when he received Krogstad#8217;s letter. Mrs. Helmer has so long awaited its arrival, for if her husband acted indifferent to it and even took the guilt upon himself, that would show he truly cared for Nora and scholarship essays 2009, was not just an camp arrogant, selfish demagogue. As Nora realizes that Torvald is not the noble man she perceived him to be, she leaves, because now understands that she shall only be treated as a doll in Torvald#8217;s house. Such action demonstrates Nora#8217;s necessity to be understood and respected, for it is scholarship better to love oneself through lonely agony than to be loved by others through glorious deceit. Doubtless, Nora#8217;s realization that her life has been full of unintentional deceit through her relations with Torvald, is camp san diego what drives her to develop into a more realistic, reasonable and self-respecting woman. Her opinions and thoughts are almost fully repressed at essays 2009, the beginning of the paper with watermark play, when Nora is shown to cower in fear after eating some sweets, an action her husband dislikes. Ibsen carefully initiates the change by allowing the leader to learn that Nora has committed what seemed like a #8220;crime#8221; in those years, secretly going against her husband#8217;s moral teachings. Thus, the reader can accurately perceive that from the first moment, when Nora forged her father#8217;s signature to receive money for 2009 the trip to Italy, she has been living in a falsification. Moreover, that very first moment, that led her to take matters in her own hands, is what later led her to become more self-reliant. Ibsen then wonderfully illustrates Nora#8217;s ongoing internal change when she calls her husband narrow-minded.

This remark, one that the reader could not imagine the #8220;little skylark#8221; uttering at the beginning, is a great indicator of Nora#8217;s growing sense of righteousness and creative writing, critical judgement of others around her. Of course, no analysis of Nora#8217;s development into a self-respecting person would be complete without mentioning the final dialogue of her with Torvald. As Nora Helmer finally realizes she has spent all the years in her life, playing up to the wishes of men in scholarship essays her life, she explains to her husband that she was terribly wasted in his care. Nora tells Torvald #8220;I have existed merely to perform tricks for you…It is your fault, I have made nothing of paper, my life.#8221; (p68). Essays 2009! Finally, one can finally see that Nora considers herself a liberated woman after she dramatically proclaims that her duties to research, herself are just as sacred as the ones to her husband and children. Scholarship 2009! Ibsen then correctly predicts the ethics attitude of the 2009 modern woman when by letting Nora say, #8220;I believe that before all else, I am a reasonable human being or, at submissions creative, all events, I must try to become one…I am no longer content with what most people say or with what is essays 2009 found in books. I must think over things for myself and get to creative san diego, understand them.#8221;(p69) Such attitude forever changed men#8217;s antagonistic superior treatment of women.

Nora Helmer#8217;s change is 2009 then very symbolic with the change of paper, all women, occurring about the same time A Doll#8217;s House was written. Scholarship Essays! Nora Helmer#8217;s character change from a naivete to a wise woman comes at the considerable cost of her leaving her home. Such a regretful ending might indeed be considered tragic, yet the thesis biodiversity reader can not help but be pleased at Nora#8217;s final stand against outside influence. It would be far worse (and uneventful) had Nora stayed quiet and 2009, repressed the computational paper liberality self-respect that was churning inside of her. Ibsen#8217;s portrayal of a fairly simple, spoiled #8220;girl#8221; (her childish play had pointed the reader to come at such opinion) becoming a more mature, wiser woman through self-liberation with what can be regarded as a happy ending, showed that the author felt much sympathy towards women#8217;s inferior standing in society at essays, the time of writing.

The carefully painted portrait of Torvald and writing camp san diego, his antagonistic dominance was drawn as a target for women everywhere to strike against. As for Nora, one can be sure that her newfound courage, determination and feeling of equality amongst others will lead her towards greatness. Ibsen, Henrik. Scholarship Essays 2009! A Doll’s House. London: Penguin Classic, 1987.

Magill, Frank N., editor. Masterpieces of World Literature, Harper Row, 1989, pp. 203-206. Meyer, Michael, editor. The Compact Bedford Introduction to Literature, 4th Edition, St.

Martin#8217;s Press, 1996, pp. 1128-1136.

Order Essay from Experienced Writers with Ease -
Essay scholarships 2009

federalist 39 essay Publius (James Madison) The Conformity Of The Plan To Republican Principles. January 16, 1788. THE last paper having concluded the observations which were meant to introduce a candid survey of the plan of scholarship essays government reported by the convention, we now proceed to the execution of that part of our undertaking. The first question that offers itself is whether the 2009, general form and aspect of the government be strictly republican. It is evident that no other form would be reconcilable with the genius of the people of essays 2009 America; with the fundamental principles of the Revolution; or with that honorable determination which animates every votary of freedom to rest all our political experiments on the capacity of submissions writing mankind for self-government. 2009? If the plan of the convention, therefore, be found to depart from the republican character, its advocates must abandon it as no longer defensible.

What, then, are the distinctive characters of the san diego, republican form? Were an answer to this question to be sought, not by essays recurring to principles but in the application of the term by political writers to the constitutions of different States, no satisfactory one would ever be found. Holland, in which no particle of the supreme authority is derived from the people, has passed almost universally under the denomination of a republic. The same title has been bestowed on Venice, where absolute power over the great body of the people is exercised in the most absolute manner by a small body of thesis hereditary nobles. Poland, which is a mixture of aristocracy and scholarship, of monarchy in their worst forms, has been dignified with the same appellation. The government of England, which has one republican branch only, combined with an hereditary aristocracy and monarchy, has with equal impropriety been frequently placed on the list of republics. These examples, which are nearly as dissimilar to each other as to scholarship essays 2009, a genuine republic, show the extreme inaccuracy with which the term has been used in scholarship 2009 political disquisitions. If we resort for a criterion to the different principles on which different forms of government are established, we may define a republic to watermark, be, or at least may bestow that name on, a government which derives all its powers directly or indirectly from the great body of the scholarship essays 2009, people, and is administered by persons holding their offices during pleasure for a limited period, or during good behavior. It is essential to such a government that it be derived from the san diego, great body of the society, not from an inconsiderable proportion or a favored class of it; otherwise a handful of tyrannical nobles, exercising their oppressions by a delegation of their powers, might aspire to the rank of republicans and claim for their government the honorable title of republic. It is sufficient for scholarship such a government that the persons administering it be appointed, either directly or indirectly, by the people; and that they hold their appointments by either of the tenures just specified; otherwise every government in the United States, as well as every other popular government that has been or can be well organized or well executed, would be degraded from the republican character. According to thesis biodiversity, the constitution of every State in the Union, some or other of the officers of government are appointed indirectly only by the people.

According to most of them, the chief magistrate himself is so appointed. And according to one, this mode of appointment is extended to one of the essays, co-ordinate branches of the legislature. According to all the constitutions, also, the tenure of the highest offices is extended to a definite period, and in many instances, both within the legislative and executive departments, to a period of years. According to the provisions of most of the constitutions, again, as well as according to the most respectable and for business ethics, received opinions on the subject, the members of the judiciary department are to retain their offices by the firm tenure of good behavior. On comparing the Constitution planned by the convention with the standard here fixed, we perceive at once that it is, in the most rigid sense, conformable to it. The House of Representatives, like that of one branch at least of all the State legislatures, is elected immediately by the great body of the people. The Senate, like the present Congress and the Senate of Maryland, derives its appointment indirectly from the people. The President is indirectly derived from the choice of the people, according to scholarship essays, the example in most of the States.

Even the judges, with all other officers of the Union, will, as in the several States, be the choice, though a remote choice, of the people themselves. Creative Writing Camp San Diego? The duration of the appointments is equally conformable to the republican standard and to the model of State constitutions. The House of scholarship essays 2009 Representatives is periodically elective, as in all the States; and for the period of computational biology two years, as in the State of essays South Carolina. The Senate is elective for writing camp san diego the period of six years, which is scholarship essays 2009 but one year more than the order watermark, period of the Senate of 2009 Maryland, and but two more than that of the scholarship essays 2009, Senates of New York and Virginia. The President is to continue in office for the period of four years; as in New York and Delaware the chief magistrate is elected for three years, and in South Carolina for two years. Scholarship? In the other States the for business ethics, election is annual. In several of the States, however, no explicit provision is made for the impeachment of the chief magistrate. And in Delaware and Virginia he is essays 2009 not impeachable till out of office. The President of the United States is impeachable at camp any time during his continuance in office. The tenure by which the judges are to hold their places is, as it unquestionably ought to be, that of scholarship good behavior.

The tenure of the ministerial offices generally will be a subject of legal regulation, conformably to the reason of the case and the example of the State constitutions. Could any further proof be required of the republican complexion of thesis this system, the most decisive one might be found in its absolute prohibition of titles of nobility, both under the federal and the State governments; and in essays 2009 its express guaranty of the paper watermark, republican form to each of the latter. “But it was not sufficient,” say the adversaries of the proposed Constitution, “for the convention to scholarship essays 2009, adhere to the republican form. They ought with equal care to have preserved the federal form, which regards the Union as a Confederacy of sovereign states; instead of which they have framed a national government, which regards the Union as a consolidation of the States.” And it is asked by what authority this bold and radical innovation was undertaken? The handle which has been made of this objection requires that it should be examined with some precision.

Without inquiring into the accuracy of the distinction on which the objection is founded, it will be necessary to a just estimate of its force, first, to ascertain the thesis, real character of the government in question; secondly, to inquire how far the convention were authorized to propose such a government; and thirdly, how far the duty they owed to their country could supply any defect of regular authority. First. — In order to scholarship essays, ascertain the real character of the government, it may be considered in thesis ethics relation to the foundation on scholarship essays, which it is to be established; to the sources from which its ordinary powers are to be drawn; to the operation of those powers; to the extent of them; and to the authority by which future changes in the government are to be introduced. On examining the first relation, it appears, on one hand, that the Constitution is to be founded on the assent and ratification of the people of America, given by deputies elected for the special purpose; but, on the other, that this assent and for business ethics, ratification is to scholarship 2009, be given by the people, not as individuals composing one entire nation, but as composing the distinct and independent States to which they respectively belong. It is to be the biodiversity, assent and ratification of the essays 2009, several States, derived from the supreme authority in each State-the authority of the people themselves. The act, therefore, establishing the Constitution will not be a national but a federal act. That it will be a federal and not a national act, as these terms are understood by the objectors — the act of the people, as forming so many independent States, not as forming one aggregate nation – is obvious from this single consideration: that it is to watermark, result neither from the decision of a majority of the people of the 2009, Union, nor from that of a majority of the States. It must result from the biology research, unanimous assent of the 2009, several States that are parties to it, differing no otherwise from their ordinary assent than in its being expressed, not by the legislative authority, but by for business ethics that of the people themselves.

Were the people regarded in this transaction as forming one nation, the will of the majority of the whole people of the United States would bind the minority, in the same manner as the majority in each State must bind the minority; and the will of the majority must be determined either by a comparison of the individual votes, or by considering the will of the majority of the States as evidence of the will of a majority of the people of the United States. Neither of scholarship essays these rules have been adopted. Submissions Creative Writing? Each State, in ratifying the Constitution, is considered as a sovereign body independent of all others, and only to be bound by its own voluntary act. 2009? In this relation, then, the new Constitution will, if established, be a federal and not a national constitution. The next relation is to the sources from which the ordinary powers of government are to be derived. The House of Representatives will derive its powers from the people of America; and the people will be represented in the same proportion and on the same principle as they are in writing san diego the legislature of a particular State. So far the government is national , not federal . The Senate, on the other hand, will derive its powers from the States as political and coequal societies; and these will be represented on the principle of equality in essays 2009 the Senate, as they now are in the existing Congress. So far the government is federal , not national . Thesis Biodiversity? The executive power will be derived from a very compound source. The immediate election of the President is to be made by the States in their political characters. The votes allotted to them are in a compound ratio, which considers them partly as distinct and coequal societies, partly as unequal members of the same society. The eventual election, again, is to scholarship essays 2009, be made by that branch of the legislature which consists of the national representatives; but in this particular act they are to be thrown into the form of individual delegations from so many distinct and coequal bodies politic.

From this aspect of the government it appears to be of a mixed character, presenting at least as many federal as national features. The difference between a federal and national government, as it relates to the operation of the government is by the adversaries of the plan of the convention is supposed to consist in this, that in the former the powers operate on the political bodies composing the Confederacy in their political capacities; in online submissions creative writing the latter, on the individual citizens composing the nation in their individual capacities. Scholarship? On trying the Constitution by this criterion, it falls under the national not the camp san diego, federal character; though perhaps not so completely as has been understood. In several cases, and 2009, particularly in the trial of controversies to which States may be parties, they must be viewed and proceeded against in their collective and political capacities only. But the operation of the government on the people in their individual capacities, in its ordinary and most essential proceedings, will, in the sense of its opponents, on the whole, designate it, in this relation, a national government. But if the government be national with regard to the operation of its powers, it changes its aspect again when we contemplate it in relation to thesis, the extent of its powers. The idea of a national government involves in it not only an authority over the individual citizens, but an indefinite supremacy over all persons and things, so far as they are objects of lawful government. Essays? Among a people consolidated into one nation, this supremacy is completely vested in the national legislature. Among communities united for particular purposes, it is vested partly in the general and partly in the municipal legislatures. In the former case, all local authorities are subordinate to the supreme; and submissions writing, may be controlled, directed, or abolished by it at pleasure. Scholarship Essays 2009? In the latter, the local or municipal authorities form distinct and independent portions of the supremacy, no more subject, within their respective spheres, to the general authority than the general authority is subject to writing, them, within its own sphere.

In this relation, then, the proposed government cannot be deemed a national one; since its jurisdiction extends to certain enumerated objects only, and leaves to the several States a residuary and inviolable sovereignty over scholarship 2009, all other objects. It is true that in controversies relating to the boundary between the two jurisdictions, the tribunal which is ultimately to online, decide is to 2009, be established under the general government. But this does not change the principle of the case. The decision is to be impartially made, according to the rules of the Constitution; and all the usual and most effectual precautions are taken to writing camp san diego, secure this impartiality. Some such tribunal is clearly essential to prevent an appeal to the sword and a dissolution of the scholarship, compact; and that it ought to be established under the general rather than under the local governments, or, to online, speak more properly, that it could be safely established under the first alone, is a position not likely to be combated. If we try the Constitution by its last relation to the authority by which amendments are to be made, we find it neither wholly national nor wholly federal . Were it wholly national, the supreme and ultimate authority would reside in the majority of the people of the Union; and this authority would be competent at all times, like that of essays 2009 a majority of every national society to alter or abolish its established government. Were it wholly federal, on the other hand, the concurrence of each State in the Union would be essential to every alteration that would be binding on biodiversity, all. The mode provided by 2009 the plan of the convention is not founded on either of these principles. In requiring more than a majority, and particularly in computing the proportion by States , not by citizens , it departs from the national and advances towards the federal character; in rendering the creative writing san diego, concurrence of less than the whole number of States sufficient, it loses again the federal and partakes of the national character.

The proposed Constitution, therefore, even when tested by the rules laid down by its antagoists, is, in strictness, neither a national nor a federal Constitution, but a composition of both. In its foundation it is federal, not national; in the sources from which the ordinary powers of the scholarship essays 2009, government are drawn, it is partly federal and partly national; in the operation of these powers, it is research paper national, not federal; in the extent of them, again, it is federal, not national; and, finally in the authoritative mode of introducing amendments, it is neither wholly federal nor wholly national. Source: The Federalist: The Gideon Edition, eds. 2009? George W. For Business Ethics? Carey and James McClellan (Indianapolis: Liberty Fund, 2001), 193-199. Madison addresses two questions: does the Constitution pass 1) the republicanism test and 2) the federalism test? The answer depends on how we define republicanism and scholarship 2009, federalism. These are the “great difficulties” of definition. 1) The “genius of the people of America,” and “the fundamental principles of the Revolution,” demand that we “rest all our political experiments on online submissions creative, the capacity of mankind for self government.” If the Constitution departs from the “strictly republican” standard, or “character,” it must be rejected. What, then, is the definition of a republic? It is scholarship essays 2009 “a government which derives all its powers directly or indirectly from the great body of the people, and is administered by persons holding office during good behavior.” We learn that a) “it is thesis for business essential to scholarship essays 2009, such a government that it be derived from the great body of the society, not from an biodiversity inconsiderable proportion or a favored class of it,” and b) it is 2009 sufficient for such a government that the persons administering it be appointed, either directly or indirectly, by computational the people; and that they hold their appointments by either of the tenures just specified.” Madison announces that the essays 2009, Constitution passes the test.

2) There are three tests to measure the federalism of the Constitution, the first of which—a) “the real character of the camp, government”—is covered in the remainder of the essay. There are five “considerations” to ponder when dealing with the “real character” standard. I) “The foundation on 2009, which it is to be established.” Who ratifies the Constitution, the states or the creative writing, people? II) “The sources from which its ordinary powers are to be drawn.” Are the people or the states represented in scholarship essays 2009 the Congress? III) “The operation of those powers.” Does the government “operate” directly on the people in their “individual capacities” or on the states in watermark “their collective and scholarship, political capacities?” IV) “The extent of ‘… the powers.” Does the general government have “an indefinite supremacy over all persons and things,” or does its jurisdiction extend “to certain enumerated objects only?” V) “The authority by which future changes in the government are to be introduced.” Are amendments secured by a majority of the people or by the unanimity of the States? Madison concludes that it is “in strictness, neither a national nor a federal Constitution, but a composition of both. In its foundation it is federal, not national; in the sources from which the ordinary powers of government are drawn, it is partly federal and partly national; in the operation of these powers, it is national, not federal; in biology the extent of them, again, it is federal, not national; and, finally in the authoritative mode of introducing amendments, it is neither wholly federal nor wholly national.”

Use email, Facebook, and scholarship essays 2009, Twitter to spread the word. 50 Documents That Tell America’s Story. Required reading for students, teachers, and citizens. Professional Development Opportunities for thesis biodiversity Teachers. TeachingAmericanHistory.org is a project of the Ashbrook Center at Ashland University.

401 College Avenue | Ashland, Ohio 44805 (419) 289-5411 | (877) 289-5411 (Toll Free) 2006-2017 Ashbrook Center | Design by CiV Digital.

Write My Paper -
Scholarship Essays

kitty genovese essay All online transactions are done using all major Credit Cards or Electronic Check through either PayPal™ or Moneybookers™. These are safe, secure, and efficient ways to make payment online. The bystander effect is a social psychological occurrence that refers to scenarios where individuals do not provide help during emergency cases to the victim in the presence of other people. Conventionally, there is an inverse relationship between the number of bystanders and the probability of help. Scholarship Essays! This implies that the likelihood of receiving help reduces with an increase in the number of bystanders (Graham 102). The sheer presence of bystanders serves to reduce the chances of intervention.

This is thesis for business, because an increase in bystanders reduces the likelihood of a bystander interpreting the emergency as a problem, which reduces the probability of a bystander assuming responsibility for initiating action to scholarship 2009, help. Similarly, observers in an emergency case are highly likely to intervene in scholarship 2009 the absence of other witnesses. In a chain of classical research studies, John Darley and Bibb Latane revealed that the essays 2009 amount of time a participant takes to initiate action and seek aid varies in research accordance to scholarship essays, the number of observers present in the room (Hudson and Bruckman 175). There are numerous explanations for the bystander effect, although social psychologists have placed emphasis on two leading explanations: social influence and diffusion of responsibility. Scholarship 2009! This paper discusses the psychology behind the bystander effects and its impacts on society and outlines the Darley and scholarship essays Latane’s theory and the experiments relating to order, the bystander effect. Darley and Latane’s Theory and Experiments about the Bystander Effect.

John Darley and Bibb Latane were the first to essays 2009, demonstrate the bystander effects in 1968 after the murder case of Kitty Genovese in 1964 caught their attention. Online! Darley and Latane conducted numerous experiments in an attempt to explain the psychology behind the scholarship essays 2009 bystander effect. The four dozen experiments conducted within 12 years yielded similar results. The experiments entailed placing a participant either alone or amidst other participants and then staging an emergency scenario (Miles, Klaus and Wolfgang 78). Darley and Latane measured the writing san diego time it took the participants to respond to the emergency situation, and scholarship whether they or not they took intervention measures. The prevalent outcome of all the experiments was the submissions presence of other participants inhibited the participants from helping, usually by a considerable margin.

In one experiment by Darley and essays 2009 Latane, subjects were positioned in three different treatment conditions: alone in the room, with two confederates acting as if to be normal participants, and with other two participants. An emergency situation was staged by filling smoke in the room while participants were filling out questionnaires. When the participants were alone in the room, 75 percent reported the smoke. On the contrary, only order paper watermark, 38 percent of participants in the room with two other individuals reported the scholarship essays emergency. In the creative writing case of the final group, the two confederates noted the smoke but ignored, leading to only 10 percent of the participants reporting the scholarship 2009 emergency (Miles, Klaus and Wolfgang 96). Numerous studies have attempted to explain the bystander effect, a 2008 study by Simon Crowther and Mark Levine reported that increasing the size of bystanders prevented intervention during situations of street violence, especially when the thesis ethics bystanders were strangers and encouraged help in cases where the bystanders were friends (Levine and Crowther 1440).

The study concluded that when bystanders shared group-level psychological associations, the group size can either promote or prevent helping. There are numerous reasons associated with the failure of bystanders acting in emergency scenarios; however, social psychologists place emphasis on two primary factors: social influence and scholarship essays 2009 diffusion of responsibility. Graham (125) argues that the fundamental principle of computational paper, social influence asserts that bystanders usually assess the scholarship reactions of other individuals during an emergency scenario in order to determine whether intervention is required or not. Since other individuals present in the scene are doing nothing, they all maintain the view that inaction from other people implies that help is thesis, not needed. In addition, social influence perspective holds the view that there is the essays necessity to behave in an appropriate and socially acceptable manner. Therefore, when other witnesses fail to intervene, people usually perceive this as a signal that there is no need for help or that help is inappropriate (Meyers 104). Studies have reported that witnesses are less likely to respond if the scenario is ambiguous. For instance, in the murder case of Genovese Kitty, most of the 38 onlookers thought that the incident was a case involving lover’s quarrel, and did not comprehend that the victim was being killed. Social influence is scholarship 2009, analogous to the aspect of conformity, which refers to individuals acting in accordance to attitudes, behaviors and beliefs of group norms. According to the social proof phenomenon, individuals usually assume that the scholarship essays actions undertaken by others correspond to the correct behavior in a particular scenario.

Meyers (85) points out that social proof is a common occurrence in ambiguous circumstances where individuals are not capable of determining the appropriate behavior, and is mostly driven by the predisposition that surrounding individuals are more informed concerning the situation than the individual. Creative! The bystander effect is scholarship essays, best explained in terms of the effects of social influence, which involves the tendency of individuals conforming to either mistaken or correct choices, a psychological phenomenon also known as herd behavior (Levine and Crowther 1435). Scholarship 2009! Despite the fact that social proof illustrates a rational motive to 2009, take into consideration the ethics knowledge of others, formal analysis reveals that it leads to convergence of people towards a single choice in a manner that decisions made by large groups of people are based on limited information, which is the actual case of the bystander effect. In explaining bystander effect, social proof is viewed in the perspective of 2009, conformity, wherein an individual in an emergency situation is likely to be unsure of the order watermark appropriate course of scholarship, action; as a result, they often embark on other individuals for thesis for business, cues regarding the scholarship 2009 correct behavior. People usually conform because they believe that their understanding of the incident is less accurate than other individuals’ understanding of the same situation; therefore, they consider the actions of others as the most suitable course of action (Levine and Thompson 245). Darley and Latane use the computational research diffusion of responsibility theory to explain the bystander effect, which asserts that the presence of other observers reduces the pressure on individuals to respond to an emergency because of the thought of shared responsibility.

Fundamentally, a large group of people leads to the perception of reduces the sense of individual responsibility to respond because it is shared by all the bystanders present. Diffusion of responsibility theory is used in the explanation of the bystander effect, wherein an increased presence of onlookers leads to reduced probability of a victim receiving help during emergency situations. For instance, placing oneself in the contest of a large city in scholarship essays a rather busy street and a strange person falls to the ground and start suffering from convulsion and seizure (Miles, Klaus and Wolfgang 145). It is evident that many observers will turn and look at the person, but no single person opts to help or call for medical aid. The primary explanation for this occurrence is because of the presence of many witnesses, which leads to no person feeling the pressure of individual responsibility. It is highly likely that other onlookers will think that their peers have already called for aid, or that their peers are not initiating any action implying that the emergency is not serious after all. Computational Research Paper! The phenomenon of diffusion of responsibility tends to take place among group sizes above a particular critical size and in situations lacking the scholarship essays 2009 explicit assignment of responsibility. It seldom occurs when an individual is alone and usually increases with increases in group size (Graham 85). Darley and Latane’s theory of diffusion of responsibility is well applicable in with outsized groups under antisocial and pro-social conditions.

Under pro-social contexts, the willingness of the individual to scholarship, respond or provide assistance to scholarship essays 2009, a person in need is repressed by the occurrence of other spectators. Essays! The individual usually holds the belief that other witnesses present will offer assistance; therefore, an thesis individual in an emergency situation does not recognize that he or she has the scholarship responsibility to respond. The case of the Murder of Kitty Genovese is a model exemplar of creative writing camp san diego, diffusion of responsibility in a pro-social context. It has been proved that the probability of an individual providing help reduces with the increase in the number of witnesses present. Further, there is a high probability that diffusion of responsibility is likely to take place in anonymous situations.

Under pro-social circumstances, people are not likely to respond if they do not have some personal relationship with the scholarship essays victim; rather, they hold the perception that someone having a personal relationship with the victim will come to biology research paper, his/her aid. Under antisocial conditions, diffusion of scholarship essays, responsibility increases the likelihood of a person engaging in negative behaviors when the ethics individual is the context of a group comprising of similarly motivated people. Negative behavior is motivated by the deindividuating impacts, diffusion of feelings regarding personal responsibility for outcomes (Hudson and Bruckman 147). The helping behavior of individuals is accurately explained using the aspect of diffusion of responsibility. This is because social psychological research have revealed that individual’s failure to essays, provide assistance to others in emergency situations is not grounded by apathy and indifference, but inhibited because of the presence of onlookers. Subsequent experiments by John Darley and Bibb Latane pointed out the decision to assist or respond relies on the number of present bystanders.

The size of the group had considerable influence on the probability of helping in cases of staged emergencies: 85 percent of essays, participants intervened in the absence of other bystanders, whereas 62 percent responded when with another bystander, and only 31 percent responded in the presence of four other onlookers. Other research studies have reported similar results including reports obtained from actual emergency scenarios like calling ambulance. In ambiguous scenarios, the appraisal of the scenario by the individual and corresponding inaction or action relies on the reactions of onlookers present. The interpretation of an essays emergency situation by other onlookers has a significant influence on the individual’s helping behavior and perception of the emergency scenario. One of the most significant aspects that Darlene and Latane did not take into account in their experiments was the scholarship essays presence of bystanders who lack the capability of helping. However, other studies have affirmed that diffusion of responsibility does not take place in cases where a bystander is perceived as lacking the capability to help. Diffusion of responsibility is also helpful when viewed from the perspective of group psychology and can be helpful in imposing positive behavior. For instance, when one bystander decides to take responsibility during emergency situations and undertakes an assistive action, there is the likelihood that other bystanders will follow suit. Therefore, the presence of other bystanders usually has an scholarship 2009 effect on the helping behavior of an individual through diffusion of online submissions writing, responsibility and social influence (Graham 147).

There are other reasons that Darley and Latane do not take into account when explaining the bystander effect. Other reasons why people may not react in emergency situations include the assumption that other onlookers are extremely qualified to provide assistance in emergency conditions such as law enforcement officers and medical doctors; as a result, their assistance would not be required. Individuals are also faced with issues of scholarship, experience evaluation apprehension and the fear of appearing as a loser among other onlookers. In addition, people do not like being superseded by other superior assistants, which creates a perception that they may be providing unnecessary assistance. Other factors that inhibit individuals from providing help include the fear of facing the thesis legal outcomes and providing substandard and perhaps dangerous aid. A limitation of Darley and Latane’s explanation of the bystander effect is that it only focuses on informational social influence and ignores other forms of scholarship 2009, conformity such as normative social influence. Normative social influence usually takes place when an individual conforms in order to be accepted by a social group. According to the social impact theory, normative social influence increases with an enlargement in writing san diego the group size. This can be used to challenge the concept of bystander effect, wherein an individual can opt to scholarship, provide assistance in order to be accepted. Similar, people may opt to follow the actions undertaken by an individual who is thesis for business ethics, providing assistance in order to achieve social acceptance.

Another aspect of scholarship, conformity not explained by Darley and Latane is minority influence, wherein an individual in a minority group aims at influencing the creative majority group to accept the beliefs and behavior of the minority group (Hudson and Bruckman 100). Experiments conducted by Darley and Latane provided precise explanations for the bystander effect, a social psychological occurrence that refers to scenarios where individuals do not provide help during emergency cases to scholarship essays 2009, the victim in the presence of creative writing, other people. This paper has illustrated that the bystander effect takes place through social influence and diffusion of scholarship essays 2009, responsibility, with the murder case of Genovese Kitty serving as a classical example of the bystander effect. Graham, Richards. Psychology: The Key Concepts. New York: Taylor Francis, 2009. Scholarship 2009! Print. Hudson, James and Amy Bruckman. “The Bystander Effect: A Lens for Understanding Patterns of Participation.” Journal of the Learning Sciences 13.2 (2004): 165-195. Print. Levine, Mark and Thompson, Kirstien. “Identity, Place, and Bystander Intervention: Social Categories and Helping After Natural Disasters.” Journal of Social Psychology 144.3 (2004): 229–245. Print.

Levine, Mark and Simon Crowther. “The Responsive Bystander: How Social Group Membership and Group Size Can Encourage as Well as Inhibit Bystander Intervention.” Journal of Personality and Social Psychology 95.6 (2008): 1429–1439. Print. Meyers, David. Social Psychology. New York: McGraw- Hill, 2010.

Print. Miles, Hewstone, Jonas Klaus and Stroebe Wolfgang. 2009! An Introduction to Social Psychology. New York: John Wiley Sons, 2012. Print. Nairne, James. Psychology.

New York: Cengage Learning, 2010. Submissions! Print.